Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Cooking isn't fun when it's 45 degrees out.

Some days I really don't feel like cooking. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE cooking. I love making coconut curried chicken and I love baking chocolate chip cookies (gluten/dairy/soy-free of course).

Yesterday, when it felt like 45 degrees outside with the humidity, I just didn't feel like lifting a finger to make dinner. I did a quick grocery run to pick up some pre-made potato salad (Moishe's brand, which is amazing by the way). I ate a peanut butter and jam sandwich and potato salad for dinner. It was great. No oven or microwave necessary.

This morning, with no leftovers to pack for lunch, I opted for a thrown-together tuna-salad sandwich. This sandwich didn't get eaten, however, as the subsidized $5 lunch at work was too tempting. Mmm steamed salmon fillet drizzled with balsamic vinegar and homemade salsa. Rice and veggies. Small coffee. $5!

My work place's male to female ratio must have something to do with these benefits: Fully-stocked gym, pool, basketball court + Incredible (and large) lunch for $5. (I have no trouble believing that 80% of the employees are male. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment