Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Love: we talk about it, we write songs about it, we even dance.

I didn't start this blog to bash relationships or promote singleness as superior to marriage. 

In fact, I know that relationships are a good thing.  I really love love.  I enjoy the fact that God created love.  He was the one who showed love first, before any human knew what it was. I'm thankful that he loved us more than any guy will ever love me.  He loved me enough to die for me.

God created the concept of marriage.  He created love; he invented sex.  Have you ever felt your heart pounding because you're close to that special person?  God created that.  That's incredible!  Do you ever think God is boring?  Not if you remember that he created sex. That's not boring. There are a lot of other not-boring things, but I'll stay on the same topic for now.

I've seen even the most skeptical atheist admit that there's something inexplicable about love.  There exists the possibility of an incredibly intimate connection between a man and a woman that goes beyond physical attraction.  It's something that we can try to explain away with pheromones and psychology, but in my mind it's obviously spiritually rooted.

It is something that I don't understand, but that I'm glad God gave us.  I'm thankful for that gift.  I look forward to the excitement that comes with a new relationship.  I'm also thankful for all the good stuff that marriage brings and the hard work it requires.  A husband and wife can show one another the deepest kind of soul-nurturing love.  If they love Christ, their love for one another can reflect the awesomeness of God's love.

I like the idea of being in a romantic relationship.  I don't think I'm ready for it right now; there's a lot of things I want God to work on in me.  Anyway, enough rambling. I will continue these thoughts later.

For now, here's a video that you'll enjoy.  I choreographed and performed this piece several years ago.  It's about young love.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Linds! I'm so happy that you have a recording of this! I know that both Nick and I really enjoyed it when we attended Inertia's recital that day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I wanted it to link to my actual blog on livejournal, but it wouldn't work!)

    http://eventhere.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete