Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dresses!

I love casual dresses. I love how easy it is to slip on a dress in the morning, and I love the way dresses look and feel. They can be worn all year-round (albeit with caution in the frigid Canadian winters). They can be worn for work and/or play. Plus, I just love how feminine they are.
I own a total of one casual dress that I wear on a daily basis. It looks like this one. Sadly, last month my washing machine ripped a small hole near the waist. *Sigh*. My favourite piece of clothing, my default work outfit, my cute little dress. Now it should be tossed, but I love it and can't let it go yet... I sewed up the one-inch hole and wear a belt that discreetly covers the area.

Ever since that little incident I've been looking for a replacement. Boy, is it hard to find cute, affordable and modest dresses and skirts!

Today, I am so excited to have stumbled on this gem of a website. It's called Shabby Apple, and it seems to be a socially-conscious, all-sizes-friendly business. They carry some really cute dresses. The ones I've looked at so far have high necklines, and go to the knee. They are all quite beautiful.

I think a dress is a good investment. Any piece of clothing that can be worn in multiple seasons, is appropriate for work, and transcends fashion trends is a good investment.

Because of some recent events, money is tight. I'm thinking of saving a bit, and purchasing one of those dresses next month. Now to decide which one to spend my hard-earned cash on. :) I welcome any suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Props to you for wearing dresses in this cold!

    Um...try second hand shops or clothing swaps?
    I've found some modest styles there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patior - That's true. I do like hunting for cute outfits at thrift stores. :) The only problem is that I can never find anything that fits super well and suits my style.
    In winter, I'll wear dresses/skirts when I know I'll be inside all day (my walk to the metro is less than 10 min), and even then sometimes I'll wear tights.

    ReplyDelete