Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sentiments on the "sexy" hallowe'en costume

I totally agree with Joy the Baker on this one:

"This brings me to a very important point: the slutty bee/nurse/policewoman/fairy/cat/warrior/French maid/girl scout/bomb inspector/hipster/moose/panda bear/zombie/Strawberry Shortcake… is SO PLAYED (major lame). Ladies. We’re better than this. We don’t need to take everyday things and make them slutty. Why!? Why are we doing this!? Did you know that we have the ability and freedom to dress like hussies everyday of the year if we choose? Seriously... Why take the respected and regal bumble bee and turn that into a hot mess? WHY!?
...Don’t be slutty. Slutty on Halloween is DUMB and predictable and DUMB!"


Come to think of it, slutty on any day is dumb.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsay,

    I found your blog when I saw your comment on my blog. Great name suggestion, by the way!

    Love this quote too. I am going to write a post on halloween today or tomorrow and perhaps I'll include something on the slutty costumes too. I must admit when I was a teen I gave into the idea that a good halloween costume is an immodest one. It seems that halloween becomes an excuse to show the most skin possible!!

    ReplyDelete