Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

I've been meditating on this verse lately:

Psalm 73:25-26
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

The writer was obviously consumed by God. He said that earth had nothing he desired... he wanted God above everything that the world had to offer. He recognized that God is beautiful and wonderful and satisfying.

I want to be able to truly say, "Yes, God, there is nothing I desire besides you. I want you, and only you. I want to live your way, even if it means sacrificing things that I want."

I believe that living God's way, although it is difficult, is well worth the struggles. It's just hard to convince my stubborn, live-in-the-present, easily-swayed-by-worldly-pleasures heart of that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment