Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Your Love is Deep

I'll admit it. I’ve been having a hard time being content in singleness. Some days it's just more difficult than I expect it to be.

I’ve been to 2 weddings in the last two weeks, and have heard about so many more. Don’t get me wrong; I’m so happy for the newlywed couples. It’s a blessing to be friends with so many godly people who aspire to honour God with their lives and their marriages. It’s just that, despite my efforts to remain content, I’ve felt insecure.

As I try to refocus on Jesus, I’ve found these words coming to mind.

Your love is deep
Your love is high
Your love is long
Your love is wide

Deeper than my view of grace
Higher than this worldly place
Longer than this road I travel
Wider than the gap you filled

("Your Love Is Deep" song)

This song is based on Ephesians 3:17-19: "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

His love is exactly what I need right now. Although part of me wants to dive into a romantic relationship, I’ve been there before and I know that kind of relationship isn’t really what my heart is craving. It won’t completely satisfy. I need to be satisfied in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment